Gastric Sleeve Surgery in Istanbul, Turkey
Sleeve Gastrectomy or Gastric Sleeve Surgery in Istanbul is a surgical weight-loss procedure. During Gastric Sleeve procedure in Istanbul, about 80% of the stomach is removed and the remaining stomach forms a narrow tube called a sleeve. This way, less food will make you feel more full when eating.
Furthermore, we work with the best bariatric surgeons who perform Gastric Sleeve at our state-of-the-art clinics and technologically advanced JCI accredited hospitals in Istanbul.
When do you qualify for a Gastric Sleeve Surgery in Turkey?
- Type 2 diabetes
- Are between 18 and 75 years old
- Efforts to lose weight with diet and exercise have been unsuccessful
- Your body mass index (BMI) is 40 or higher
- Your BMI is 35 or more and you have serious weight-related health problems, such as type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure or severe sleep apnea
- You’re a teenager who’s gone through puberty, your BMI is 35 or more, and you have serious obesity-related health problems, such as type 2 diabetes or severe sleep apnea
- In some cases, you may qualify for certain types of weight-loss surgery if your BMI is 30 to 34 and you have serious weight-related health problems.
Gastric Sleeve in Istanbul for Type 2 Diabetes Patients
Sleeve gastrectomy or Gastric Sleeve in Istanbul appears to have some weight-loss independent effects on glucose metabolism and also causes some changes in gut hormones that favor improvement of type 2 diabetes. Diabetes remission rates after sleeve gastrectomy are also very high (more than 60%).